headerphoto

*Shrub* of the day

So, before I say anything else, I should probably explain what a *shrub* is. In RVA lingo, where Matt went to school, a *shrub* referred to someone messing up what they meant to say and instead they say something with either a completely different meaning or no meaning at all. For a more in depth explanation, ask Matt about the *ghost rote* sometime...

And now back to my original thought...

I was sitting in English class, and we were discussing Tartuffe, a French play about a religious hypocrite and the con he pulls. The Prof asked a question about Tartuffe to which the answer was supposed to be *Protestant*. A girl who knew the answer immediately raised her hand and said *prostitute* - very loudly. Mass chaos and uproarious laughter ensued, and the poor girl turned bright red.

Somehow, this led to a Freud reference and then a few Clinton/cigar jokes, until finally order was restored.

And now I'm off to go grab something to eat...

-Jen

0 comments: