headerphoto

Flooding in Indiana

My dad recently sent a email with pictures that a friend of his took after the flooding in my hometown of Hobart, Indiana. These pictures are from all over the town - many of my old "stomping grounds" were flooded. I had heard there was flooding, but I had no idea there was this much water...



The flooded football field in these pictures is where our high school footbal team played for years. I think there's a new stadium built now - or at least there is one in the works - but it is still sad to see this place under water. Brickie Bowl is on the site of where the high school used to be, but the buildings now house the middle school. The field has lots of ties to tradition and memories for people in Hobart. I marched on that field more than I can remember. And all the flooding around the lake - such a bummer to see how much damage all that water did to my hometown. I know I have friends that live close to the lake who have likely been affected by this mess. Makes me feel even worse for the people down in Texas and the rest of the hurricane affected areas...

For more Hobart after-Flood pics, click here.

2 comments:

Allison said...

Wow. I'm glad your dad escaped okay. I don't think anyone can understand the devastation of flooding unless they've seen it or lived through it - I know when I try to wrap my mind around it, it's hard to even imagine.

Jen said...

I have tagged you, check out my blog.