headerphoto

Unemployment, Day 1

Today was a good and busy day. First thing I had to do was deal with health insurance issues. The insurance we had through my severance from last year was supposed to be a 12-month deal, but I found out after the fact that it didn't cover leap-day... interesting... Anyway, Matt had setup insurance through his company starting on leap-day, but after some checking, it didn't seem like the information had gone through. I also needed to find some sort of documentation to show that I had experienced a "qualifying event" that would allow us to sign up for benefits when it wasn't the standard sign-up time... Suffice it to say that I spent a lot of time on the phone this morning.

So, once I had gotten things settled with that, I folded laundry and cleaned out my "too small" clothes. I was finishing more clothes folding, and I got a call from the person I have been interviewing with for a while. We scheduled another meeting for later this week. After that, I headed out for lunch with Shannon. :-) It was a nice way to break up the day.

After lunch, I prepped for a phone screening interview that was scheduled for the afternoon. The interview went pretty well, so we'll have to see what happens there.

Finally done with the clothes and job-hunting, I started working on our taxes, only to be distracted by a message waiting on my answering machine. It was another job-hunt related call. I called back, and scheduled a phone screening for later this week.

Back to taxes - Due to the taxes on my severance from last year, Matt and I will be getting a refund. Yay! I still have to do state taxes. Oh, and Bible study was last night, too, in between working on taxes. :-)

It was a productive day, but I got no real cleaning or schoolwork done... we'll see about tomorrow. I'll probably first get state taxes done, then start work for school.

2 comments:

Jen D said...

This is my first time visiting your blog--I found it through facebook. I've been reading lots of blogs as I pondered entering the blogging world. So...all that to invite you to read my blog
http://dzioba.blogspot.com/
Jennifer

Jennifer C. said...

Woohoo! Welcome to the blogging world. Be sure to check out everyone else's blogs using the links on the left side of my blog. :-)