headerphoto

Partying it up the "Sharp" way

Matt and I definitely chose the wrong route to get to Indiana. We have usually had luck going straight down along the lake through Chicago, but this time there was construction. It ended up taking us over 10 hours. We will be going the "long way" home, which should take us 8.5 hours, and it what we should have done in the first place...

Friday night was really tame. Just my dad, his 3 siblings, my grandma, Matt, and I went to grandma's for a chili dinner. We didn't stay too long, b/c 5 of us left for Notre Dame around 8:30 to go see my cousin Catherine, an ND sophomore. The big reason for us going so late was that the ND marching band drummers hold what they call a "drummers circle" on Friday nights before home games. It's kind of a pep rally lead by the percussion section that lasts for about 40 minutes starting at midnight. Needless to say, we were up late on Friday.

Saturday was a lazy day before the party. We slept in, watched Spaceballs, went for a walk on the beach with Dad, Grandma, and Aunt Janet. Aunt Janet got really excited about the regurgitated pellets we foundon the beach...ask me later. Then we went back to dad's and watched Sense and Sensibility. (It was my second time seeing the movie, but my first time understanding it.) We got to the party around 7, and Dad was surprised, although he knew something was up. Our music picks went over very well, and the party ran smoothly. Most people left around midnight, but family hung out until 1 or so.

And now, we have spent Sunday morning sleeping in. Matt is making me breakfast as we speak. Even my dad slept until almost 9 am, which is nearly unheard of. And I am starving, so I'm going to go eat my breakfast and get ready to drive for yet another 8.5 hours of my weekend!

3 comments:

ella peterson said...

regurgitated pellets? it's later and i'm asking ;)

Allison said...

That sounds like a lot of fun. I'm glad your weekend went so well. Good luck driving back. Lots of good couple time, huh?

Matt said...

Well, I was just looking online at google maps, and it estimates that the time would be shorter if we had taken I-90. I really hate toll roads, but we may need to start considering them more.