headerphoto

Traffic!

I spent an hour and a half driving 8.5 miles today. Because of this, I was 30 minutes late for class. Of course this is okay when you are in grad school, so no big worries. The good news is I was able to keep myself from crying even though 1 hour of that time was spent travelling about 1 mile down 1st ave. Now I know we talked about slowing down in Bible Study last night, but this is just a little bit ridiculous and nerve-racking. I have to drive there, I don't want to reserve 2 hours to get 8.5 miles twice a week, just in case. So anyway, I did ask God to help me stay calm, and He came through. I was totally able to focus once I got to class, and my class let out 30 minutes early. So Matt and I got to watch Heroes before bed, and I requested pizza because I was in need of comfort food.

3 comments:

Allison said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Allison said...

I totally understand the need for comfort food. Last night I ran a mile and then played volleyball for almost 4 hours. When I got home, I ruined all that efort by eating 2 bowls of ice cream. I tried to be virtuous and only have 2 scoops, but I'm not virtuous and so I needed a second bowl.

Jennifer C. said...

At least you exercised... I'm not breaking even, I'm just digging a hole. :-\