headerphoto

Caucuses

I just got back from my first caucus. :-) It was an overwhelming turnout. Interesting process, the caucus... It reminded me of a long time ago when I was watching a made-for-TV version of Alice in Wonderland where they showed a scene that satirized caucuses. The scene in the movie involved people running around shelves and shelves of books in a "caucus race". Ultimately, there was no point to the race in the story, and after seeing the craziness of tonight, I can understand why one might view caucuses as such.

I had fun, though. Plus it was a good excuse to take a break from reading/homework. (It was a 2 hour break, though - more than I was expecting.) My precinct ended up supporting Huckabee (which means I attended the Republican caucus). I'll be interested to see how that compares with the rest of Minnesota...

1 comments:

Jen said...

where did you go?