headerphoto

Happy Valentine's Day!

Yesterday after class, I came home to Matt and found a collection of Gerbera daisies on the kitchen table. What a sweetie. :-)

So, we were planning on keeping it low-key. I have been swamped with job hunting/school, so I was glad to keep things low-key.

Then today happened.

First of all, I had an interview for a job that seems like it would be a good fit. I got the interview because my wonderful co-worker Holly passed along a job description that her other-half had posted for a position in his office. There are a series of events that need to happen before any offers can be made, so I'll have nothing more concrete to say about that until sometime in March. Anyway, I am really excited about having found such a strong possibility so quickly. (Thanks to Holly.)

Second of all, when I got home today, I immediately ran to tell Matt all of the details of my day (as I typically do). Eventually, he asked me if I had seen my flowers yet. I hadn't looked, but I remembered that the Gerbera daisies had looked slightly lonely in our large vase, so I checked the kitchen table, and lo and behold, the vase was filled with even more flowers. I also noticed that there was an envelope tucked in the flowers, so I opened it and read the note Matt had left for me. Here is what the note said:

"Search first inside an old device where we get political advice."

He had created a riddle-based scavenger hunt for me! (Oh, how well he knows me...) I continued to follow clues to find more clues, until I got to the end. Each clue after the flowers was hidden with a piece of Ghirardelli dark chocolate. What fun! For those of you who are like me, here are the clues Matt left. Comment on which ones you think you know, and I'll post the answers sometime in the future.

1. Search first inside an old device where we get political advice.
2. To find me is hard, this do not doubt. A light for when all other lights go out.
3. I'm so glad that you're my wife, apple of my eye, love of my life.
4. I don't like it when you cry, no not at all, but if you do, I'll cushion your fall.
5. You want to have small babies to kiss, so leave me alone. I'm no help for this.
6. You put me inside a home far too small. A buffalo I am, strong, proud, and tall.
7. A treat we serve in Brittish style, sometimes it makes our guests smile.
8. I haven't been paid in years, I regret. You probably owe me $60 I bet.
9. If not for me, I'm not so sure you would have loved Matt Cromer.
10. Come claim your reward you have now won. Let's go out to eat and have lots of fun!

So, even if you don't know the answers to clues 1-9, clue 10 should be clear enough. Matt and I went out to Chili's to spend the rest of one of our gift cards from Christmas. And we got an appetizer. And we took pictures of each other. And I looked good in my picture. :-)

Altogether, it was a wonderful, beautiful, no bad, very good day.

2 comments:

Allison said...

Awww! That's so sweet! Daisies, dark chocolate, a scavenger hunt, AND an appetizer with dinner? Matt went all out. You deserved it.

And good luck on the job prospect.

Jennifer C. said...

So, Allison - no comments on where the notes were hidden?