headerphoto

Out of town, yet again...

Here I am in lovely Mt. Horeb, WI, just got in from the almost 5 hour car ride... Having taken a quick nap in the car, I am starting to get my second wind, although Matt wants me to come to sleep.

When we got in the house, we were greeted by my Uncle Greg. His wife (my Mom's sister) and my Mom are down at the local bar for Karaoke night. Yes, I was tempted to walk down there at 12:30 in the morning to join them, but I do realize that I would probably get tired really fast, so better to stay in and post about this instead. :-)

And now for the big news....

As Matt and I started to leave town (we hadn't gotten far on little 10 at all), our hood decided to fly open while we were going about 40 mph. Now we have a bent hood that won't latch, more cracks in our windshield, and a mutilated windshield wiper. Thank goodness for Complete Auto of Blaine, our local, family owned, favorite auto shop! I called about 30 seconds before closing, and the owners ended up waiting for me for 30 minutes to drop off the car, even though there was a drop box for the key. What a great shop! I seriously need to submit a stunning report to the BBB for all this shop does going out of their way to serve customers. :-) Matt will be spending tomorrow morning on the phone with junk yards (looking for a non-bent, used hood) and the shop to determine what to do next. And the good news is? Matt got to drive the car that has cruise control on the trip to Mt. Horeb! Praise the Lord for keeping us safe!

And now, even though I'm still not tired, I think I should head to bed. Have a great Labor Day weekend, everyone!

1 comments:

Matt said...

Goodness! That must have been scary to have the hood fly up in your face. It’s a good thing that your husband was so calm and managed to get right off the road.