headerphoto

Saturday Night Campfire

So, our first day in Marion was good. Matt and his brother Nathan were able to check out the car and determine that a good majority of the work that our mechanics had suggested probably doesn't need to be done for a while. They were also able to figure out why the check engine light had come on. It's nice to be related to people who know what they are doing with cars and like helping out. :-)

After the boys were done, we all headed out to the house of Nathan and Kimberly's Sunday School teachers, who let lots of people use their yard regularly. They have a pond, and a huge fire pit. They have paddle boats/canoes, and all sorts of facilities in place just to make their yard a good place for large group hangouts. Nate and Kim regularly hang out there with friends from school/church. They still have friends from school in the area, so some of their friends also came along to hang out. We cooked burgers and made s'mores. Some people fished and caught a couple fish. We made a huge fire in the firepit and burned lots of random wood. And Nathan even killed a snake - probably the gross highlight of the evening.

I will have to tell more about the snake in person. The only camera I had at the time was on my phone, so I'll have to see if I can get the pics off of it somehow. I think everyone else knows a way... we'll see about getting that done after I'm home again.

Anyway - gotta get to bed b/c church starts at 9 AM EST, which means 8 AM Central, and I'm still tired from only getting 4 hours of sleep last night. Goodnight!

1 comments:

Allison said...

That sounds fun. I wish your generous relatives who are knowledgable about cars would move up here and offer their services to your friends!