headerphoto

Sunday

We went to morning and evening church yesterday. It was nice to be so close to the church so not much time was wasted in the car. A group went out for Chinese food for lunch after church - good stuff.

We spent some time chilling at the house. The boys spent some time at the nearby university hitting and then chasing a few little white balls while Kim and I walked to nearby stores to scope out some deals. It was really warm out, so we came home to cool off. Before evening church, Kim and I did a little more scouting for deals, but it was pretty quick shopping.

After evening church, some friends came over and Nathan grilled some chicken legs while the ladies who cook make some veggies and mashed potatoes. Good food. Then we just hung out for a while and watched a couple of funny videos on youtube.

Also, Kim and I had talked a bit about books we liked, and I mentioned the book, "The Giver," by Lois Lowry that I liked so much when I was younger. Kim happened to have a copy of the companion book that came just after it, so I read it and finished it this morning. I was bummed about the ending, b/c it seemed to just be starting, but then I realized that there was still a third book to read. I tried to reserve it at the library, but I realized that my card had expired since its last use. Bummer. But I will definitely try to make it in to the library when we get back home. I love young adult books - they are such quick and easy reads! I can actually finish them before I get distracted with other projects and activities!

It is now noon (1 PM eastern) on Monday, and not much as happened yet. We're contemplating being active, but it is so hot that activity doesn't necessarily sound fun. I think the boys are planning a trip to the auto parts store to buy a new serpentine belt for the Vibe. I think I'll just stay here and chill...

1 comments:

Spring Lela Kane said...

Books! I've been getting into books again lately. It's been fun. College wiped me out with reading but now I'm finally able to enjoy it again. I hope you find the third one!