headerphoto

All in a Very-Early-on-Saturday Morning's Work

Well, here it is. Saturday morning. And the reason I am up so early? Well, we had a new person starting an assignment today, and I needed to make sure he arrived successfully. Results? I call the company - no joy. The new person is not there, and it's a few minutes before starting time. I boot up my machine and sign in to all my software gadgets so I can work from hom, and I look up the newbie's #. I call the n00b, and he says, "I can't figure out how to get in the building." Breathing a sigh of relief that I don't have to make calls for backups at 6 in the morning, I instruct him in how to get in. Believe it or not, I gave him this very same information the day before. I think the problem is that yesterday, the weather was so nice that everyone was too distracted to use their Listening Ears. Now let's hope that he can do a good job so I don't have to find someone else for tomorrow...

3 comments:

Allison said...

None of my kids at school have been using their listening ears this week either - I sympathize.

Ali said...

hehe, I'm glad to hear that he was there and you didn't have to find someone new. I giggled because you called him a noob and people weren't using their listening ears teehee

Jennifer C. said...

I feel kinda bad about calling him a n00b, but at least it was meant simply as a statement of him not having been there before and not in a derogatory sense of any sort... okay, I feel better. And he did a good job. Way to go, newbie!